Most girls look forward to the Cookie Program each year. It’s a time to have fun with other girls, while being an entrepreneur and developing skills, confidence and leadership.
More about the 5 Skills you’ll learn:
- GOAL SETTING: Girl Scouts set cookie sales goals individually and with their team, then create a plan to reach them. Girls develops cooperation and team-building skills all along the way
- DECISION MAKING: Girl Scouts help decide how their team or troop will use the cookie money, building critical-thinking and problem-solving skills they’ll need throughout their lives.
- MONEY MANAGEMENT: Girl Scouts takes cookie orders, handles customers’ money, and gain valuable and practical life skills around financial literacy.
- PEOPLE SKILLS: Girl Scout learns how to talk to, listen and work with all kinds of people, while selling cookies. These experiences help girls develop healthy relationship and conflict resolution skills that can be used throughout their life.
- BUSINESS ETHICS: Girl Scouts are honest and responsible through every step of the cookie sale, and reinforce the positive values being developed as a Girl Scout.
Girl Rewards, Awards and Badges
Ninety percent of the general public would gladly buy Girl Scout Cookies; they just need to be asked! And nearly 35% of the public say they didn’t buy because they were never asked.
Resources for Girls
Parents, Coach Your Girl Scout to Success!